At Fichman Furniture, product safety is our top priority. We urge our customers to consider where our furniture is going in their home and to take steps to secure our furniture to prevent tip hazards while at the measuring stage of the ordering process.
We take great steps to ensure we craft a high quality product that you'll enjoy for years. However, all of our furniture is custom made to your specifications and is never assembled or tested at our location prior to shipment! Cabinets that are tall and narrow are at a higher risk of being a tip hazard. Please fully and carefully assemble your furniture according to our instructions and contact us should you need any assistance or clarification of our instructions. If the furniture is not solid or sturdy, we urge you to contact us.
We advise you to install anti tip devices and test them on a periodic basis (we offer both wall anchor kits and other systems). Children may try to climb cabinets to get to something that is out of reach. According the US Consumer Protection and Safety Commission, every 24 minutes tipped furniture or a falling TV sends injured children to the emergency room. Anchor your furniture to prevent these tragedies!
Our wall anchor kits are only designed for stud and drywall constructed walls. They are only meant to be screwed into studs. For walls constructed of other materials, please consult your local hardware store.
According to the CPSC, to prevent tragedies, follow these safety tips in any home where children live or visit:
- Anchor furniture to the wall or the floor.
- Place TVs on sturdy, low bases.
- Or, anchor the furniture and the TV on top of it, and push the TV as far back on top of the furniture as possible.
- Keep remote controls, toys, and other items that might be attractive to children off TV stands or furniture.
- Keep TV and/or cable cords out of reach of children.
- Make sure freestanding kitchen ranges and stoves are installed with anti-tip brackets.
- Supervise children in rooms where these safety tips have not been followed.